Staff Pro is now Allied Universal Event Services
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. Allied Universal Event Services is nationally recognized as an industry leading crowd management, event staffing and consulting company. We provide experienced and trained professionals, managers and personnel, to every type of venue and event imaginable. Our team members service thousands of shows and events annually.
The majority of our positions offer part-time and flexible schedules, which let you decide when you want to work! For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more!
This position is responsible for checking bags, enforcing access control and implementing policies and procedures for the safety of the guests and owners, while providing superior customer service for the best guest experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assists in all aspects of event day preparation and execution.
- Allows appropriate entry into each venue, may collect and/or scan tickets, verify wristbands and badges, direct traffic coming in and out of the venue.
- Screens guests during entry via bag searching, hand wand or metal detector, and ID verification.
- Protects guests, staff, and venue ownership group assets by watching for security breaches at vital checkpoints.
- Responds quickly to potential crowd control issues and provides escorts for unruly guests when ejections are warranted.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the policies, procedures and regulations of different venues, facilities and events.
- Initiates a genuine, friendly and personal greeting to our guests as they arrive at your facility entrance, aisle, concourse area or other location and a sincere thanks as you complete your encounter with each guests.
- Provides guests with helpful directions and/or suggestions that will enhance their entertainment experience.
- Interactions with guests include a smile and use of a natural speaking voice, including natural inflection and a friendly tone.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be 18 years of age or older, high school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Have a valid Guard License or willing to obtain one as required in the state for which you are applying.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test and may be required to pass a Driver’s Record check.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person, and must be able to read, correspondence and report in English.
- The employee must constantly walk, stand, and reach with both hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. May be required to climb stairs on an intermittent basis at client sites.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat.
- Must be able to focus and multi-task in a busy environment, with the ability to successfully handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read and write English.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, with or without notice. Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
AUES will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance."